Monday, May 14, 2012

Ever since last week's post, I've been pondering the point I tried to make, and when I re-read it just now, I have to concede that it got away from me.  It wasn't that I was complaining how awkward of a fit the world can sometimes be, but I was trying to say how my tastes make me who I am, and yours make you who you are.  If I listened to more Journey and less Dio, I might not have gotten the idea for a story about what a person's first few minutes of the afterlife are like.  If I didn't read Richard Matheson, who knows what I would write?  If I don't fit in the world, well then the world can damn well live with it, or change.
I'm posting this a day late, and yesterday was Mother's Day.  I hope everyone had a good one, and that good memories ruled the day.  If there were bad ones, give them their day in court.  That means let them have their say, but also lay out the evidence against them.
I'm hoping to have the rewrite of Bittermint done before Comic Palooza, and I'm also working on a not-so-short story titled 'Blood.'  I may turn it into my first experiment in chopping a long story down to a more marketable length.
More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment