Sunday, February 23, 2014

Back in the saddle

With all the other stuff on the burners, it's been a while since I sent anything out into the cold, cruel, world. Unfortunately, the world has not yet beaten its path to my door to throw money at me. Bummer. Guess I still have to pitch my stuff like everyone else.
So this week I've sent an old short story set in the Great Dustbowl to Burnt Offerings Books, and less than a minute ago I shot an angry little piece off to The Dark, a magazine that publishes dark fantasy. Both stories are ones that hit you in the heart, as well as all the nerves that run down your spine. Being in love doesn't stop you from needing to put food on the table, and anger can do a lot if you just focus. Fame and fortune can't be far behind, right?
Snicker.
Our new dog is slowly coming to grips with the fact that the cats are not going to ever be the sort to enjoy big, sloppy licks in their faces. The cats are absolutely refusing to accept the possibility that this big, funny-looking stranger with a cold nose is going to be around for the duration. Diamond keeps trying to give her new pact mates a friendly sniff, but one hiss and she runs away whimpering. Try to imagine a puppy with the awkwardness of a teenager who is terrified of two cats a quarter of her size, but who jumps between a stranger and my wife, barking and growling, when that stranger appears unannounced. Fortunately, the 'stranger' was a friend who had just changed clothes and her hair.
Still pounding on In The Dark, and still working on what I want my website to look like.
Still writing, now with a dog sleeping at my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment