Sunday, October 14, 2012

A bit of real life

Took a bit of a breather yesterday. My wife and I went down to Galveston, and after driving around for a while, we found a spot by the sea wall where we could just sit and look out over the ocean. It was warm, but the wind was blowing that fine salt spray in our faces, and I think a small storm was brewing out there too. It's nice to just sit down every once in a while and do something to remind yourself that you're on a planet, you're on a ball of earth and stone with a good amount of water on it's surface, and that ball is spinning and whirling through an empty, cold void. It puts a lot of what you have to deal with into perspective.
Tor turned down 'Welcome Home,' and I'm probably going to send them 'Stilling the Demons,' today when I get a couple of other things done. Stuff keeps piling up faster than I can do it.
During the week, I came up with an idea for my Halloween costume. Now all I have to do is make it.
Just a minute ago, I watched a vid on Youtube that showed Felix Baumgartner jumping out of a balloon that was up so high, when you looked up, you didn't see sky, you saw space. You could see the curve of the earth instead of it looking flat. Incredible doesn't even begin to describe that.
Still writing, and about to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment