Monday, January 5, 2015

Relaoding

Welcome, 2015! Come on in and make yourself at home. Never mind the mess. The last tenant was a bit lax on the housecleaning. We've got plenty of space for improvements, built in connections for new ideas and more power, and I think that back room would be perfect for new achievements. Oh, wait. You didn't bring any baggage, did you?
So less then a week into this new year, I've already got a lot on my plate. I want to touch up Roja, then stick it on a hook and toss it into those murky waters to catch an agent. I have 'In the Dark' making rounds, including to the fantastic person who did most of the proofing on Roja. There's one short story getting rewritten, and another getting written again because the original was on paper only and that paper is somewhere in nowhere land. Oh, and I need to finish The Red Man Burning this year, too.
Aside from just being psychotic and ambitious, there's a point to all this, of course. This is what I want to make my living at. To do that, I need to produce. Production = Money. Money = me riding around the house on a gyro-balanced unicycle on Monday mornings instead of going to my current job. Well, in theory anyway.
That's the point.
Side note, good news. It looks like 'Penny Dreadful' is going to be returning this year. Chills and shivers for everyone. Possible good news? There is talk of a Space:1999 remake. I will reuse what I posted on Facebook when the subject came up.
“Everyone repeat after me: Please don't suck.”
Writing, and will still be writing when this year closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment