Thursday, December 22, 2011

The next stepping stone

So I'm a little less grouchy, and possibly have my next project to boot.  Today I finished first draft of a little piece called 'The God Box,' and after a day or so of letting that part of my brain rest, I think I'm going to tackle a project that's a bit different.  My friend Jeremy has designed and published his own gaming system, Mana Punk, and the other weekend my wife and I helped play-test a module that he'll be releasing soon.  It was a fun session, and I got to explore a new character personae that really annoyed my wife. (always a plus)
Once upon a time, when I played AD&D, I would get all kinds of bizzare ideas for dungeons and scenarios that I would detail down to the color of the stone that made up the walls.  This was, however, before I learned to write down every single thought I had, because sooner or later they all find a use.
I still kept imagining, though, even after I stopped playing, and these days it all goes on paper.  Sometime ago, I thought of a special little village, tucked away from the prying eyes of the world.  Beautiful things are wrought in it's houses and huts, but there's a reason.
Coming soon to a gaming store near you.  Will I mention it here?  Hell, yes.  The world is mine, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment